Summer ruffle top down mini is a children’s version of Plummum’s popular design, Summer Ruffle Top Down. The top has a boxy fit and is perfect for warm summer days, styled with both trousers and skirts, and can be worked into a dress by simply continuing the body until you reach the desired length. As Summer ruffle top down mini is worked top down, it is easy to adjust the length your preference. The top is also suitable for the winter season, worn over a basic blouse.
The shoulders of Summer ruffle top down mini are shaped by increases, which creates a delicate shoulder detailing, that follows the natural slope of the shoulder without the need for short rows. The neckline of Summer ruffle top down mini is fitted and worked double, so it folds to hide any raw edges for neat finish. Upon completing the yoke, which is worked both back and forth as well as in the round, the rest of the work flies by, just working round and round.
- Sizes: 1-2 (3-4) 5-6 (7-8) 9-10 (11-12) years
- Full length, measured from shoulder to bottom hem: 32 (36) 40 (43) 46 (49) cm [12.5 (14) 15.75 (17) 18 (19.25) inches]
- Garment circumference: 55 (61) 67 (74) 78 (82) cm [21.5 (24) 26.25 (29) 30.75 (32.25) inches]
- Gauge: 21 sts * 33 rows in stocking stitch = 10 * 10 cm [4 * 4 inches] using 4.5 mm [US 7] (after washing and drying)
- Yarn: 1 strand COMO from Lamana (100 % extrafine merino, DK: 120 m [131 yds] /25 g)
- Materials: 75 (100) 125 (125) 150 (175) g COMO
- Suggested needles: Circular needles, 4.5 mm [US 7] and 4,0 mm [US 6] for ribbing