Wrap me up again cardigan is - as the name suggests - a new version of PlumMum’s most popular design, Wrap me up cardigan. In comparison to the original, this version is not chunky, only worked in a single strand of yarn and without silk mohair, if you choose to knit it in the original yarn. The new Wrap me up design is finished with a double hem at both the sleeves and peplum, the sleeves are fuller and the overlap between the two fronts a bit smaller.
Wrap me up again cardigan is worked top down featuring classic raglan increases and a ribbed edge at the back neck and along the sides, which is worked at the same time as the cardigan itself. Try on the cardigan along the way to personalise to your own measurements. The bind off edge before the peplum is designed to sit exactly at your natural waist to gain the perfect fit - not further up or further down.
- xsmall (small) medium (large) xlarge (2xl) 3xl
Measurements of cardigan:
- Circumference: 89 (95) 101 (107) 113 (121) 129 cm [35 (37.25) 39.75 (42) 44.5 (47.5) 50.75 inches] (I recommend a positive ease of approximately 10 cm [4 inches])
- Length from shoulder to bottom edge (HPS): 46 (47) 48.5 (50) 51 (52.5) 53.5 cm [18 (18.5) 19 (19.5) 20 (20.5) 21 inches]
- 21 sts * 33 rows = 10 * 10 cm [4 * 4 inches] using 4.5 mm [US 7] needles (after wash and blocking).
- COMO from Lamana, 100 % extrafine merino, yardage: 120 m/25 g
- 275 (275) 300 (325) 350 (350) 375 g COMO from Lamana
- 2 meters of ribbon for the waist, 2 – 2.5 cm [0.75 – 1 inch(es)] wide (silk, velvet or something different)
- 4,5 mm [US 7] needles